The purpose of private teaching is to provide students with an opportunity to acquire knowledge and performance skills necessary for a career in music. This may be a career in performance, teaching or other related fields.
Each student brings a unique combination of attributes to the lessons, and the specific lesson assignments will vary according to the needs of the student. Work will include but not limited to:
- Musical growth through selected études, solo repertoire and orchestral repertoire
- Technical development through the use of scale and étude books and exercises
- Embouchure and tone development
- Proper breathing techniques
- Articulation (quality, variety and speed)
- Posture and musician wellness
- Equipment knowledge (reeds, mouthpieces, instruments, etc)
- Transposition and sight-reading
- Doubling on various clarinets
- Contemporary techniques
I have over 10 years of experience in teaching private clarinet lessons and during this time as a performer and educator I have develop a strong feeling about the importance of allowing to individual to explore and find his own “voice” in music and expression.
Individual lessons can take place at my home in Jersey City, conveniently located within steps of a light rail station, or I can travel to you. I teach in the North New Jersey area as well as the NYC metro area.
Times, location, rates and any other details / questions can be addressed using the contact form.